The Board of Directors has the responsibility of ensuring ClearView Wealth Limited (the “Company”) is properly managed so as to protect and enhance shareholders' interests in a manner that is consistent with its obligations to all parties with which it interacts. To this end, the Board has adopted what it believes to be appropriate corporate governance policies and practices based on the Company’s size and nature of activities.
Corporate governance principles
The main corporate governance principles are to:
- Lay solid foundations for management and oversight
- Structure the board to be effective and add value
- Instil a culture of acting lawfully, ethically and responsibly
- Safeguard integrity in corporate reporting
- Make timely and balanced disclosure
- Respect the rights of security holders
- Recognise and manage risk
- Remunerate fairly and responsibly
The principles are outlined in more detail in the Company’s Corporate Governance Statement, the Annual Report as well as the Company’s Charters & Policies.
Currently the Board of Directors is comprised of six directors:
- 4 Independent Non-Executive Directors - Geoff Black, Gary Burg, Jenny Lyon and Edward Fabrizio who are considered independent as defined by the ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations
- 2 Non-Executive Directors - Nathanial Thomson and Michael Alscher who are not considered independent as they are associated with a substantial shareholder of the Company
- 1 Executive Director - Nadine Gooderick who is the Managing Director