Complaints Handling

Complaints Handling

At ClearView, we’re never satisfied when it comes to doing better and our customers are very important to us.  If something goes wrong, we’re determined to make it right again.  If you’ve had an experience with ClearView that you are not satisfied with, we’re here to resolve the issue, so please talk to us.

Making a complaint
We want to resolve any complaint you have as quickly as possible.

If you are dissatisfied with our service in any way contact us on 132 977 and we will attempt to resolve the matter in accordance with our Internal Complaints Handling process.   Alternatively, you can contact our  Complaints Resolution Manager by writing to the following addresses:

Post: Complaints Resolution Manager, ClearView, Reply Paid 4232, Sydney NSW 2001. 

What happens when you make a complaint?
When you make a complaint, we will acknowledge the complaint as soon as we can. We will then tell you:

  • the name and contact details of the ClearView employee that will be handling your complaint; and
  • when and how we will provide you with an update on the progress of the complaint.

How long will it take to resolve your complaint?
While we want to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, some complaints may take longer to investigate and resolve. 

We’ll aim to resolve your complaint within 45 days of receipt. If your complaint takes longer than this to resolve, we’ll explain the delay, and we will keep you updated until it is resolved.

If you are not satisfied
If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, or within the relevant time frame, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). 

AFCA provides a fair and independent complaint resolution service that is free to consumers and can consider most complaints involving financial services providers.  The contact details for AFCA are set out below:

Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
Post: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
There are some time limits for lodging certain complaints with AFCA and so you should act promptly. To find out more about the time limits that are applicable to your type of complaint please refer to the website at
The Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA)
If you have a complaint about a ClearView Financial planner you may also make a complaint to the FPA.  The FPA can be contacted by:

Phone: 1300 337 301; or
In writing: GPO Box 4285, Sydney NSW 2001; or